Torshavn, Faroe Islands
The flag of The Faroe Islands was adopted on March 23, 1948 when the Danish government recognized it as the flag of the Faroes. The occupation government had first approved the flag on April 25, 1940 to be used on the Faroese vessels at sea. The flag contains the Nordic cross with a white base. The cross is red with a blue border.